Ok, now what exactly is SheIn? It’s a clothing store/website that has really reasonably priced clothes (this dress is $17), but is based in China. I was nervous to place my first order since the prices seemed a little too good and everything is shipped from overseas, but I’ve honestly had a pretty good experience when ordering from the site. If you take a look at this dress on the website, it has 73 real customer reviews and many including pictures. It also comes in a purple/nude for only $13.
*Get 15% off your purchase with code Shop15
Here are a few tips about ordering from this site :
- Read the reviews/look at the “Style Gallery”. This is especially helpful for sizing/quality purposes. I ended up buying this swim suit in a large because the reviews said it ran small. A lot of the reviews also have pictures from actual customers so that you can see the pieces for yourself on real people. The pictures will also help tell you about the quality of each piece.
- Be aware of sizing. As stated above, make sure to read the review to make sure pieces run true to size though in my experience, they tend to run a little small.
- This is not the site if you need something delivered ASAP. Since everything is shipped from China, you will need at least 3 weeks of leeway for your shipment to arrive and it can sometimes get delayed in customs so make sure to place orders early and allow for plenty of time. If you need something ASAP, I definitely recommend here (free 2-day shipping!)!
- Returns were surprisingly easy. I thought that since shipping here took so long, returns processing was going to be a nightmare, and that was not the case. They actually have you ship it to a US address (in NJ I think?) so returns are processed much sooner.
- Swimwear is not returnable. You buy it, you keep it! I bought around 6 one pieces, and ended up loving about 3. But for the price (~$15 each), that was cheaper than buying 1 from a more expensive brand. To my great surprise, the bathing suits are made fairly well (except they run SMALL – I bought larges and I am a size 2/4). You could have fooled me that they were much more expensive and found in a high-end store.
- Quality is fast fashion. You can find some great steals and well-made items that are fully lined or have beautiful detail, but some of the clothing quality is what you would expect from a fast fashion retailer.
I was excited about this maxi because the colors are great to transition to fall and you can just throw on a jacket. The colors are muted neutrals, but have enough detail in the pattern to keep it interesting. I’ve already worn this dress 3 times (movie date night, dinner with my parents, brunch with friends) because it is so comfy and easy to wear. I added these nude shoes (extremely comfortable and under $40!) because they were the perfect height for this length dress and kept the look casual. You could also wear some cute flats, or dress it up with higher heels.
The next time I purchase, I already have some items on my wishlist (all have good reviews):
Calico Print Plunge Neck Button Front Maxi Dress – love the 3/4 sleeves for cooler fall days/evening
Palm Leaf Print Maxi Dress – I saw this on another blogger and it looked gorgeous! I thought it was going to be too busy, but she looked great.
Shirt Waist Tassel Tie Button Up Botanical Dress – this comes in 5 different colors and I love the button up detail.
Flower Print Button Front Drawstring Waist High Low Ruffle Dress – the off the shoulder/high-low combo is so pretty!
Overall, I’ve had a good experience with the company and I would recommend giving them a try. I’ve always received my orders with the correct items and sizes and they look exactly like the pictures. They send tracking confirmations and will let you know if there are any delays. They also have rewards and point systems for discounts off of your next purchases, and the customer service seems to be pretty reliable. But, as I stated earlier, make sure to do your research via the reviews and pictures for quality and sizing before adding to your cart 🙂
Have you ever ordered from SheIn? What was your experience?
Also, for reference, I am around 5’7 and am wearing a size small.